CNC machining aluminum extrusion parts involves using computer numerical control (CNC) machines to shape and finish components made from aluminum extrusions. Aluminum extrusions are created by pushing aluminum alloy through a die to create specific shapes or profiles. Aluminum CNC machining is then used to further refine these extrusions into final parts or products by cutting, drilling, milling, and tapping the aluminum to meet precise specifications.
Here are the basic steps involved in CNC machining aluminum extrusion parts:
- Design: The first step is designing the part or product using CAD (Computer-Aided Design) software. This design specifies the exact dimensions, tolerances, and features required for the final aluminum extrusion part.
- Material Selection: Choose the appropriate grade or type of aluminum alloy suitable for the application. Common aluminum alloys used for extrusions include 6061, 6063, and 7075 due to their strength, machinability, and corrosion resistance.
- Extrusion: The aluminum extrusion profile process shapes the raw material into the desired cross-sectional profile or shape using a die. This extruded aluminum profile is usually the initial form of the part and may need further machining.
- CNC Machining: CNC machines, such as CNC mills, lathes, or routers, are programmed with the specific design specifications. The extruded aluminum is then mounted onto the CNC machine, and cutting tools are used to remove excess material, create features like holes, slots, threads, and achieve the final dimensions and surface finishes as per the design.
- Quality Control: Inspect the machined parts to ensure they meet the required specifications, tolerances, and quality standards. This may involve measurements using precision tools like calipers, micrometers, or coordinate measuring machines (CMMs).
Advantages of CNC machining aluminum extrusion parts include: Precision: CNC machining allows for high precision and accuracy, ensuring the parts meet exact specifications. Versatility: CNC machines can create complex geometries and intricate designs. Efficiency: Automation and computer control streamline the manufacturing process, reducing lead times and minimizing errors. Customization: CNC machining allows for customization and flexibility in producing different parts from the same extruded aluminum profiles.
However, it’s crucial to consider the cost, tooling, and setup time associated with CNC machining. Additionally, proper selection of cutting tools, feeds, speeds, and coolant/lubrication is essential to achieve optimal results and extend tool life when machining aluminum extrusions.
CNC Machining Aluminum Extrusion Parts Manufacturer
With decades of years in the aluminum extrusion industry, Be-Cu prototype company offering aluminum extrusion services can meet the needs of customers in the production of high-volume & low-cost china cnc machining aluminum parts. Custom aluminum extrusions with simple or complex shapes can be handled at Be-Cu.com.We proudly offer both standard and custom structural angles, tees, zees, H-beams and I-beams, in a complete range of sizes, and broad capabilities in press sizes and tonnages, alloy selection and profile types. To complement our state-of-the-art production facilities, we have advanced facilities for painting (including a high speed vertical powder coating line), anodizing and special coatings. Be-Cu’s extruded aluminum profiles are used in a wide range of applications around the globe, most commonly in the building and construction, solar and other renewable energy solutions, transportation, automotive, and home and office equipment sectors. With decades of experience in the manufacture of aluminum extrusion profiles, we can offer you advanced solutions to your most complex design problems.